Roasted pumkin and chickpea spread
Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4.
Place the pumpkin and garlic in a shallow roasting tin. Toss with the honey and 1tbsp olive oil and season with black pepper and salt.
Bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until tender. Allow to cool.
Peel the garlic cloves and place with the pumpkin in a food processor.
Add the remaining ingredients except the coriander to the food processor and process until smooth. Add the coriander leaves and pulse to combine. Season with black pepper and salt to taste.
Spread on oatcakes to serve.
Creamy and protein packed, this spread tastes incredibly indulgent yet contains no cream or dairy products
- 200g / 7oz pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and cut into large wedges
- 3 garlic cloves, unpeeled, left whole
- 2tsp honey
- 2tbsp olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper and sea salt
- 1 x 400g / 14oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1tbsp tahini
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander