Sundried tomato and pesto
- Place the tomatoes, pepper and garlic in a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Add the nuts, cheese, basil and chilli paste and pulse to chop finely. Add 4tbsp oil to create a thick pesto.
- Spread on the oatcakes and top with a sprig of rocket.
- To serve: Nairn’s Gluten Free Oatcakes
If you've never made pesto before you're missing out, this recipe is so simple and absolutely delicious.
Recipe by Christine Bailey
- 200g / 7oz jar sundried tomatoes in oil, drained (retain the oil)
- 1 roasted red pepper from a jar, drained, about 50g
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 50g / 2 oz pine nuts, toasted
- 50g / 2 oz walnut halves, toasted
- 50g / 2 oz Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2tbsp chopped basil leaves
- 1tsp sun dried chilli paste
- Freshly ground black pepper